Smart laundromat owners know that investing in quality equipment is essential to running a successful business. However, it’s equally important to ensure your equipment stays in great shape. Do you know how to extend the lifespan of your washers and dryers?
How to Extend the Lifespan of Your Washers and Dryers
If you’re a laundromat owner, you know exactly how important it is to have laundry equipment you can rely on. Broken equipment can result in frustrated customers, lost business, and even damage to your laundromat’s reputation. Ensuring your washers and dryers are in good working order is the best way to avoid this. Luckily, learning how to extend the lifespan of your washers and dryers is easy to do.
Start with High-Quality Equipment
One of the easiest ways to ensure your laundry equipment lasts a long time is to invest in washers and dryers built to last a lifetime. Buying cheap, poorly-made laundry machines will only save you money upfront. Whatever cash you save from purchasing a more inexpensive washer or dryer will quickly be sucked back up when it needs to be repaired or replaced. Instead of dealing with that hassle, research and buy the washers and dryers that smart laundromat owners rely on. For example, Speed Queen washers and dryers are known for going the distance because they’re built from quality materials and designed to perform for decades. There’s a reason that Speed Queen is the industry standard for laundromats!
Don’t Neglect Laundry Machine Maintenance
Once you have high-quality washers and dryers in your laundromat, you’ll want to begin maintaining them. Don’t worry — laundry machine maintenance isn’t as complicated as you think. As long as you monitor your equipment regularly and address issues as they arise, you’ll be able to avoid downtime and costly repairs:
- Check the drums in the washers and dryers regularly to ensure no foreign objects are stuck in the machine.
- Be sure to check dryer lint traps and empty them at least once daily. Lint build-up can lead to a fire risk.
- Schedule a monthly time to check the hoses on the washers. Ensure no debris or foreign objects are trapped in the hoses, and replace filters and other equipment if needed.
- Hiring a professional to clean all of your machines annually is a great way to ensure they stay in excellent shape. Contact an authorized service agent to schedule a yearly cleaning and inspection.
Use Machines Correctly to Avoid Damage
Quality machines maintained regularly should provide years of service to your laundromat. However, machines that are misused are still at risk of breakage. Take steps to make sure your laundry equipment is being used correctly to keep it functional:
- Be sure to familiarize yourself with the proper usage of laundry equipment before you make it available to customers, and follow manufacturer instructions at all times.
- Provide signage for washers and dryers that instruct customers on using them correctly. If possible, have on-site staff who can help customers with equipment.
- If equipment starts to behave erratically, don’t keep using it. Mark the machine “out of order” and inspect it immediately.
Now that you know how to extend the lifespan of your washers and dryers, are you ready to invest in some new equipment? Call our sales experts, and we’ll help you find the laundry equipment you want!
Check out Laundry Solutions Company, a full-service provider of premium vended, on-premises, and multi-housing commercial laundry equipment. Since 1976, we have provided exceptional sales support, laundry design services, commercial laundry equipment (and leasing options), and laundry equipment service and parts. To learn more about our products and services, please call us at 800-383-9274 or contact us online. We look forward to hearing from you!